Executive Session: Pioneering Partnerships
DIA 2012 Executive Session: Pioneering Partnerships
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
DIA and the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) are collaborating on a series of executive-level sessions in conjunction with the DIA 2012 Annual Meeting. This private program will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2012.
A special one-day rate of $595 is available for this program. For more information, email Melissa Matta or call +1215.442.6158.
10:00-11:30 AM: Collaborative Research With Members of the Payer Community
This session will focus on the power of the payer as the crucial emerging factor in the potential commercial success of pharmaceutical products.
11:30-12:00 PM Break
- Discuss how collaborative research with members of the payer community can improve the quality, outcomes and costs of the health care delivery system.
- Describe new ideas and ways the payer community can add to the commercial success.
- Identify how to incorporate market access intelligence into drug development programs.
12:00-1:30 PM Luncheon Panel Discussion - Challenges of Precision Medicine: Diagnostics, Reimbursement, Partnership Co Development
This discussion will be based on leveraging real-world evidence generated during product development and throughout the product lifecycle to improve the overall quality of patient care.
- Identify the improvements that need to be made to the safety and effectiveness of medical treatments in real-world practice.
- Evaluate the use of real-world data and comparative effectiveness research to better understand patient needs and improve access to appropriate care.
- Define the future of therapeutic-diagnostic co-development, its challenges and benefits.
| Kenneth I. Kaitin, PhD
Director, Center for the Study of Drug Development and Professor of Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
Kenneth A. Getz, MBA
Senior Research Fellow
Center for the Study of Drug Development, Tufts University; Chairman, CISCRP and Chairperson of DIA 2011
|Paul Chew, MD
Senior Vice-President, Chief Science Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Sanofi, US
|Robert W. Dubois, MD, PhD
Chief Science Officer
Felix Frueh, PhD
Medco Research Institute
Medco Health Solutions, Inc.
|Thomas E. Getzen, PhD
Executive Director, International Health Economics Association (iHEA)
Professor of Risk, Insurance and Health Management
Fox School of Business
|Steven J. Romano, MD
Medicines Development Group Head Primary Care Business Unit