About DIA 2014
The DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting is the largest multidisciplinary event that brings together a community of life sciences professionals at all levels and across all disciplines involved in the discovery, development, and life cycle management of medical products all with a common goal to foster innovation that will lead to the development of safe and effective medical products and therapies to patients.
DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting will:
- Provide a global unbiased platform to raise the level of discussion to facilitate innovation that will change the future of health care
- Provide comprehensive coverage of the full development and life cycle management of process for all health care products
- Offer a holistic and integrated approach to the development life cycle management of regulated health care products
DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting provides the best opportunity to meet with people from around the world, share your views and knowledge, network, and build new relationships.
Who Should Attend?
This meeting is designed for individuals involved in the discovery, development, and life cycle management of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, and related medical products. The Annual Meeting is intended to strengthen professionals’ understanding of the value of cross-discipline integration and to foster innovation for better health outcomes.
Digital Preliminary Program
Navigating through more than 260 educational opportunities across 21 tracks can be overwhelming to select the offerings that best fit you. We want to make your Annual Meeting experience a breeze, so we've created our Preliminary Program
with everything you need to know about this year's meeting, from getting around San Diego to the brand new features tailored for life sciences professionals like you!
Everything you need to know about DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting can be found in the digital preliminary program:
- Schedule At-A-Glance
- Interest Area Tracks Specific to You
- Meeting Highlights
- Networking Opportunities
- 450+ Exhibiting Companies
- 260+ Sessions
- And Much More
Start Planning Your Agenda Today! View Preliminary Program
How to Register
We offer four easy ways to register for the DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting- Online, Phone, FAX or Mail.
Sign-up online- it's the quickest way to register.
+1.215.442.6100 or toll free at +1.888.257.6457 (Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-8PM ET)
Registration form (PDF) to +1.215.442.6199
Drug Information Association
P.O. Box 421
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
(Note: Checks must be drawn on U.S. bank)
Need to justify your attendance to your employer? Download the attendance justification letter.
Group Registration Available!
Register 10 individuals and receive a complimentary registration. Note: Reduced registration fees do not qualify for group registration. Contact CustomerService@DIAHome.org for details.
- Member Standard
- Member Charitable Nonprofit/Academia
- Member Government
- One-Day Member
- NonMember Standard
- One-Day Nonmember
- NonMember Charitable Nonprofit/Academia
- NonMember Government
Registration Fees for Additional Offerings
- #20: Japan Regulatory Environment: Overview - Standard Rate
- #21: The Sunshine Act - Standard Rate
- #22: Preparing for a US FDA Advisory Committee Meeting - Standard Rate
- #23: Leadership: How to Organize and Lead People - Standard Rate
- #24: Successful Drug Development: Best Practices - Standard Rate
- #30: Influencing Culture, Avoiding Bureaucracy and Encouraging Innovation - Standard Rate
- #31: Large-Scale Regulatory Functional Outsourcing - Standard Rate
- #32: Pharmacogenomics and Companion Diagnostics - Standard Rate
- #33: Bayesian Evidence Synthesis and Network Meta-analysis - Standard Rate
- #34: Preparation of REMS Assessment Reports - Standard Rate
- #35: Understanding Translational Medicine - Standard Rate
- #40: Analysis of Safety Data from Clinical Trials - Standard Rate
- #41: Quality Oversight of CROs-Clinical Vendors - Standard Rate
- #42: Regulatory Affairs for Biologics - Standard Rate
- #43: Clinical Statistics for Nonstatisticians - Standard Rate
- #44: Quality by Design From Theory to Practice - Standard Rate
- #45: Risk Management Plan - Standard Rate
- #46: The Good Pharmacovigilance Practices In The E - Standard Rate
Exhibit Hall Details
Visiting the DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall
The DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting Exhibition provides a perfect forum for attendees and speakers to network with more than 450 exhibiting companies. With virtually every facet of the life sciences industry represented - CROs, technology vendors, research centers, academia and much more. The Exhibit Hall is one of the busiest places at the meeting. Browse Exhibitors
Exhibit Hall Hours
Monday, June 16 | 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday, June 17 | 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, June 18 | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Opening Reception and DIA’s 50th Anniversary Celebration
Network with 7,000+ attendees at the DIA Opening Reception and 50th Anniversary Celebration held in the Exhibit Hall.
- Monday, June 16 | 4:15 – 6:00 PM
Take advantage of the extended lunch hours in the Exhibit Hall to visit more than 450 exhibiting companies.
- Monday, June 16 | 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 17 | 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 18 | 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Extended Refreshment Breaks
Extended mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks will be held in designated areas of the Exhibit Hall on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Monday, June 16 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, June 17 | 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Tuesday, June 17 | 2:30 – 3:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 18 | 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Wednesday, June 18 | 2:30 – 3:30 PM
Innovation Theater Presentations
Presentations will take place in our Innovation Theater during lunch and breaks each day. Come to the theater to hear about unique approached to products, services, and technologies. Refreshment service will be included during this unique, educational experience.
Plan Your Visit
The Walking Gallery
Monday, June 16 4:00-6:00 PM
DIA will be hosting a gathering of The Walking Gallery, a patient empowerment movement founded by Artist Regina Holliday
. During the Opening Reception and DIA’s 50th
Anniversary Celebration current members of The Walking Gallery are welcome to gather and share their stories. Please RSVP to Julie.Ho@diahome.org
DIA Annual Meeting Participants who are interested in joining The Walking Gallery as a walking member must contact Regina Holliday (via Facebook
, or LinkedIn
) prior to the Annual Meeting
Watch The Walking Gallery of Health Care
DIA 2013 Highlights
Take a Sneak Peak...
Monday, June 24 | Tuesday, June 25 | Wednesday, June 26
White Papers Featured at DIA 2013 49th Annual Meeting in Boston, MA
Next Generation Medical Information Call Center by
Benefits of Trial Data Transparency and Sharing
DIA 49th Annual Meeting Session Reports
Monday, June 24
View Session 119. Hot Topics in Statistics: Working Together Effectively to Transform Our Science
View Session 123. How Can Translational Medicine Fill The Gaps in Life Sciences Industries?
View Session 130. Translational Aspects from Preclinical Animal Toxicology Studies to Early Human Health Risk Assessment: Needs and Limitations
View Session 143. Key Multiplicity Issues in Clinical Trial
View Session 144. The Secret of Stellar Careers: Serendipity + Planning = Success
Tuesday, June 25
View Session 220. Biomarkers for Drug Development: How are we dealing with the challenges?
View Session 234. Strategies for the Development and Registration of Antibody Drug Conjugates
View Session 239. Student Forum: Getting a Job & Developing a Career
View Session 262. First-in-Human Studies: How Much Complexity Is Too Much?
View Session 277. Short Breakthrough Status
Wednesday, June 26
View Session 318. Molecular Predictors of Drug Induced Harm: From Clinical Development to Postmarketing Surveillance
View Session 332. Pharmacometrics: Implications and Impact in Preclinical to Early Phase Development
View Session 339. Drug Shortages: Causes, Current State & Path Forward
View Session 343. Challenges and Strategic Approaches to Biosimilar Development
View Session 360. Rising to the Challenge of Developing Novel Orphan Medicines for the Global Market
View Annual Meeting Student Reflections
EMA Press Release: Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee: One year of Public Health Promotion and Protection
From the News
DIA panel discusses collaboration to improve drug trials by Don Sieffert, Boston Business Journal
Here are 9 industry insiders at DIA 2013 to follow on Twitter by Stephanie Baum, MedCity News
Backlog to the Future: DIA 2013 in pictures by Gareth Macdonald
Final Count for One Fund Boston Contributions - Thank you DIA Attendees!
DIA 2013 Boston Recap from the BioClinica Exhibit by Jennifer Price
Delegation from Taiwan for the DIA 2013 49th Annual Meeting
49th Annual DIA Meeting Boston
Unable to Attend DIA 2013 49th Annual Meeting?
live recordings from this year’s Annual Meeting.
DIA 2013 49th Annual Meeting Photo Library
Tribute to Boston at the DIA 2013 49th Annual Meeting