#45: Risk Management PlanDay & Time:
June 15, 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Pacific Standard Time)Room Number:
Nancy D. Smith, PhD
Temple University, FDA Alumni, United StatesDescription:Maximize your learning while attending the DIA 2014 50th Annual Meeting! Receive $100 off of your DIA 2014 meeting registration by registering for two half-day tutorials or one full-day tutorial. Purchases must be made at the same time in order to receive the discount.
This tutorial teaches Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) best practices to optimize medical product safety. Participants will learn proven strategies to improve product safety, maximize patient benefits, and minimize risk.
What You Will Learn
• Current state of risk communication in the United States and new initiatives designed to improve communication to promote the safe use of pharmaceutical
• The US REMS
• New strategies to improve understanding of pharmaceutical safety concerns among health care providers and to promote better communication to patients
• How patients comprehend and follow specific instructions
• Communicating during a crisis situation
|#45: Risk Management Plan||ACPE|
At the conclusion of this tutorial, participants should be able to:
• Describe current risk communication strategies;
• Discuss the changing role of REMS in the US;
• Explain new methods to improve the proper use of medicines to maximize patient benefit and minimize risk;
• Discuss the future of drug safety and risk communication especially during a crisis situation.
This tutorial is designed for professionals who work in clinical safety and pharmacovigilance, regulatory affairs, medical writing, and marketing and communications.