Tutorial #2 – Introduction to Pharmacoepidemiology and Applications in Premarketing and Postmarketing Surveillance, Risk Management, and Value DemonstrationDay & Time:
January 12, 8:30AM - 12:00PM
|- Tutorial #2 Rate||$405.00|
This tutorial will provide an overview of basic epidemiology methods and study designs as they are applied in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Topics will include design and conduct of retrospective and prospective epidemiologic studies such as case-control studies and cohort studies, and the application of these designs for premarketing and postmarketing surveillance, risk management (risk assessment and risk mitigation), and demonstration of product value.
|Tutorial #2 – Introduction to Pharmacoepidemiology||IACET|
At the conclusion of this tutorial, participants should be able to:
- Define basic epidemiologic principles
- Distinguish case-control and cohort study designs
- Identify applications for epidemiology in pre and postmarketing pharmaceutical product safety
- surveillance and risk management
- Identify applications for use of epidemiologic studies in demonstrating product value
This is a basic-level tutorial for individuals who would like to gain a general understanding of the role of epidemiology in pre- and post-marketing surveillance, risk management, and value demonstration.