This one day course covers the pre-requisites for the three day training course on EudraVigilance - electronic reporting of ICSRs in the EEa and is therefore recommended to newcomers in pharmacovigilance, in particular individuals dedicated to data entry and expedited reporting. The attendees will learn about the essentials of pharmacovigilance, the format, structure and content of ICSRs as well as rules for expedited reporting in Europe for both Clinical Trials and Post-Marketing ICSRS.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for newcomers in pharmacovigilance, who need to understand the basics of ICSRs with main focus on EU requirements.
Participants who complete this course should be able to:
- Understand the ICSR reporting requirements
- Understand the basic vocabulary of pharmacovigilance
- Complete properly the components of an ICSR
- Compare ICSR components for post-authorisation and clinical trials
- Identify the resources available for further guidance
- Legal/regulatory basis
- Compliance with reporting requirements for ICSRs
- What is a pharmacovigilance case: scope, criteria for validity
- Classification of cases: Solicited/ unsolicited, serious/not serious, etc
- Overview of the ICH E2B requirements
- Main differences of data elements and adverse reaction reporting during clinical trials and in the postauthorisation phase
- Overview of the case flow in the EU
- Concepts and data elements of an ICSR (the main part of the training, focusing on content and quality
criteria of each important element)
- Case Follow-up: when and how it needs to be transmitted.
- Basic coding principles
- Data privacy requirements
DIA Europe, Middle East and Africa
Phone: +41 61 225 51 51
Fax: +41 61 225 51 52
Monday-Friday 8:00-17:00 CET
For technical questions or registration to EudraVigilance:
EudraVigilance helpdesk for Sponsors
Eudravigilance registration team
Hotel & Travel
Attendees are kindly requested to make their own reservation. Recommended hotel:
Hilton London Docklands Riverside
265 Rotherhithe Street
London SE16 5HW
Tel: +44 20 7231 1001
Fax: +44 20 7231 0599
Special negotiated DIA rate for participants of the EudraVigilance courses is GBP 139.00 per single room incl. breakfast and VAT (GBP 149.00 for double occupancy). Please book your room at least 30 days before arrival through this link.
For reservations after that date, please contact Beatriz Martinez at: beatriz01.martinez@Hilton.com.
The hotel is situated opposite of Canary Wharf conveniently connected by a shuttle boat.
A special discount for SMEs on the standard rate is available. It is not possible to receive this discount when booking online. To proof your status as SME, a confirmation of the European Medicines Agency is necessary.
Multiple course discount available if booked together with the three-day EudraVigilance training course. Please contact email@example.com for more information.