DIA today announces the additions of Todd Park, Chief Technology Officer, US Department of Health and Human Services, and FDA’s Stephen P. Spielberg to the speaker line up for DIA 2012: Collaborate to Innovate, which will take place June 24-28 in Philadelphia, PA.
Todd Park joined HHS as Chief Technology Officer in August 2009. In this role, he is responsible for helping HHS leadership harness the power of data, technology, and innovation to improve the health and welfare of the nation.
Dr. Stephen P. Spielberg is Deputy Commissioner for Medical Products and Tobacco of the US Food and Drug Administration.
Park and Spielberg join an exciting DIA 2012 speaker lineup that now includes:
• Jeffrey P. McMullen – President & CEO, PharmaNet Development Group, Inc.
• Karen Midthun MD – Director, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
• Douglas J. Peddicord PhD – Executive Director, Association of Clinical Research Organizations
• William J. Sharbaugh MA, MSc – Chief Operating Officer, PPD, Inc.
• Ed Silverman – Editor, Pharmalot UBM
• Paula Brown Stafford – President, Clinical Development, Quintiles
• Josef von Rickenbach MBA – Chairman and CEO PARAXEL International
“DIA 2012 is on track be our most impressive annual meeting yet,” says DIA Worldwide Executive Director Paul Pomerantz. “Our program features top experts across government, industry, academia, and patient groups that exemplify this year’s theme – Collaborate to Innovate.”
DIA 2012 will attract more than 7,000 attendees from 80 countries and feature more than 270 sessions across 20 tracks, including:
• Clinical Operations
• Project/Portfolio Management and Strategic Planning
• Innovative Partnering Models and Outsourcing Strategies
• Nonclinical and Translational Development/Early Phase Clinical Development
• Product Advertising and Marketing
• Medical Writing and Medical Communications
• Processes and Technologies for Clinical Research
• Regulatory Affairs and Submissions
• Medical Diagnostics and Devices
• Public Policy/Health Care Compliance/Regulatory Law
• Compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), and Quality Assurance (QA)
• Pharmaceutical Quality
• Health Economics and Outcomes (HEO)/Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)/Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
• Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance
• Statistical Science and Quantitative Thinking
• Professional Development
• Global Regulatory Track
• SIAC (Special Interest Area Community) Showcase
• Executive Program: Pioneering Partnerships
DIA 2012 also provides the perfect forum for attendees and speakers to network with and evaluate more than 500 exhibiting companies. Virtually every facet of the biopharmaceutical industry and related fields is represented by an exhibitor offering services or products in this extraordinary exhibit hall marketplace. From CROs, technology vendors to site research centers, academia and much more, the exhibit hall is one of the busiest places during the meeting.
Register for DIA 2012.
DIA is a neutral, global, professional, member-driven association of nearly 18,000 professionals involved in the discovery, development, and life cycle management of medical products. Through our international educational offerings and myriad networking opportunities, DIA provides a global forum for knowledge exchange that fosters the innovation of products, technologies and services to improve health and well being worldwide. Headquarters are in Horsham, Pa., USA, with offices in Basel, Switzerland, Tokyo, Japan, Mumbai, India and Beijing, China. www.diahome.org
Contact: Joe Krasowski
Marketing Communications Manager