Prominent speakers from Latin America and around the world will give their views on the latest topics in regulation at the DIA’s 5th Latin American Regulatory Conference (LARC) 2013
, to be held in Bogota, Colombia in one week’s time, from May 15-16.
The event will focus on “Pharma-Co-Vergence” – the act of achieving pharmaceutical regulatory convergence through stakeholders’ collaboration – highlighting the truly collaborative spirit of this multidisciplinary global conference.
Representatives will be attending from Colombia (INVIMA), Ecuador and Guatemala (MoH), Chile (ISPCH), Brazil (ANVISA), the USA (FDA), Canada (Health Canada), Spain (AEMPS), Mexico (COFEPRIS), and Peru (DIGEMID). Global organizations including the Pan American Health Organization and the World Health Organization will also be taking part
The many high-profile speakers include:
- Elizabeth Armstrong González, Head of the Instituto de Salud Publica de Chile (ISPCH), Agencia Nacional de Medicamentos (ANAMED) in Chile, and Jose Daniel Peña Ruz, QF, Regional Advisor, Medicines and Health Technologies PAHO/WHO, both giving their views on regional and global convergence
- Laura Gomes Castanheira, Manager of Research and Clinical Trials, COPEM/ANVISA, Government of Brazil, speaking during the session on “Risk Based Approach to Inspections”
- Claudia Vaca, MD, Advisor on Medicines, Ministry of Health and Social Protection, Government of Colombia, speaking on the latest issues in pharmacovilgilance
- Hans Vasquez, MD, Clinical Review Coordinator, Direccion General de Medicamentos Insumos y Drogas (DIGEMID), Ministerio de Salud, Government of Peru participating in a session on “Biosimilar Products/Generics and Bioequivalence”
- Nazly Cuevas Melendez, MD, Medicines for Human Use Department, Clinical Trials Division Spanish, Agency Medicine and Sanitary Products (AEMPS), Government of Spain giving her views on “Clinical Studies and Bioethics”
For more information, or to register, visit www.diahome.org/LARC2013
DIA is a neutral, global, professional and member-driven association of nearly 18,000 professionals involved in the discovery, development and life cycle management of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices and related health-care products. Through our international educational offerings and myriad networking opportunities, DIA provides a global forum for knowledge exchange that fosters the innovation of products, technologies and services to improve health and well-being worldwide. Headquarters are in Horsham, Pa., USA, with offices in Basel, Switzerland; Tokyo, Japan; Mumbai, India; Beijing, China; Washington, D.C. and Latin America. Visit our website at www.diahome.org and follow DIA at: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Pinterest
Eric Rosen | +1.215.290.9153 | Eric.Rosen@diahome.org