Company Description Guidelines
The description you provide will often be the readers' introduction to your company. Here are some tips for writing an effective description.
- Prepare your company description as a separate document using the Verdan font sized at 8pt. It is extremely important to remember that the description you post online must also fit onto a standard 8.5” x 11” page in our print CSO Directory.
- After you've created your narrative description in this separate document, copy and "paste" it into the text box. If the website displays the message that your description contains too many characters, please select the "OK" option to allow our website to reduce the number of characters by removing excess formatting. After the formatting is removed, use the icons on the toolbar to format your text, if further formatting is required. When you have finished formatting, please "submit" your description.
- Do not re-enter your company name, address or other contact information in this description. This information is captured and presented in the "Company Information" section of your CSO Directory listing.
- If you wish, include your company message or other one-sentence tagline.
- Include a summary of your company’s accomplishments.
- Include a summary of your company’s service experience.
- Include a description of your company's products and services.
- Include other pertinent information or comments such as partnerships or other affiliations, certifications or awards, office locations, or staff credentials and qualifications.