#56: Risk Communications Day & Time:
June 23, 9:00AM - 5:00PMRoom Number:
Nancy D. Smith, PhD
Adjunct Professor at Temple University
FDA Alumni Association, United StatesDescription:Maximize your learning while attending the DIA 2013 49th Annual Meeting! Receive $100 off of your DIA 2013 meeting registration by registering for two half day tutorials or one full day tutorial. Purchases must be made at the same time in order to receive the discount.
This tutorial teaches risk management best practices to optimize medical product safety. Participants will learn proven strategies to improve product safety, maximize patient benefits and minimize risk.
What You Will Learn:
• Current state of risk communication in the United States and new initiatives designed to improve communication to promote the safe use of pharmaceuticals
• How the US Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) compares with the European Union Risk Management Plan (EU-RMP)
• New strategies to improve understanding of pharmaceutical safety concerns among health care providers and to promote better communication to patients
• How patients comprehend and follow specific instructions
• Communicating during a crisis situation.
|#56: Risk Communications ||ACPE|
At the conclusion of this tutorial, participants should be able to:
• Describe current risk communication strategies
• Compare and contrast the US Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) and the European Union Risk Management Plan (EU-RMP)
• Explain new methods to improve the proper use of medicines to maximize patient benefit and minimize risk.
This tutorial is designed for professional who work in the following areas: clinical safety and pharmacovigilance, regulatory affairs, medical writing, and marketing and communications.