High profile speakers from the Austrian Medicines and Medical Devices Agency, the Austrian Pharmaceutical Industry Association (PHARMIG) and prominent academics will come together to discuss the need for cooperation and interaction across their organisations at DIA’s largest conference in Europe – the EuroMeeting 2014.
The 26th annual EuroMeeting, coming to Austria’s capital from 25th-27th March, will feature the Austrian Satellite Meeting, bringing together local experts to discuss the requirements for an attractive Austrian research and industrial Pharma-location.
The satellite meeting, to be held on Tuesday 25th March, will be moderated by Heinrich Klech, President and CEO, Vienna School of Clinical Research, and will feature presentations from a panel of prominent speakers including:
- Christa Wirthumer-Hoche, Head of the Austrian Medicines and Medical Devices Agency, speaking on the “Positioning of the Austrian Medicines and Medical Devices Agency in the EU Network”
- Christoph Male, Associate Professor of Paediatrics for the Medical University of Vienna, discussing “OKids – Austrian Paediatric Research Network”
- Markus Müller, Vice Rector for the Medical University of Vienna, presenting on “Clinical Research in Austria”
- Joerg Windisch, Chief Science Officer for Sandoz Biopharmaceuticals, speaking regarding “Biologics R&D in Austria: Innovation and Sustainable Patient Access”
- Karl-Heinz Hofbauer, Director for Baxter Bioscience, discussing “Biotech Manufacturing of Lifesaving Biologicals in Austria”
- Jan Oliver Huber, General Secretary for the Austrian Pharmaceutical Industry Association (PHARMIG), addressing the “Business Environment” in the field.
The presentations will be followed with a panel discussion, during which attendees will have the chance to put burning questions to the panel of experts.
The 26th annual EuroMeeting will attract more than 3,000 professionals to Vienna to share knowledge and expertise and access more than 100 sessions in 16 parallel themes. Participants will hear from 350+ expert speakers, find out about the latest innovations in their field by touring the exhibition hall featuring 170 companies, and view the cutting-edge research on display through student and professional posters.
To register to attend, or for more information, visit the EuroMeeting 2014 website at www.diahome.org/EM2014.
Register by February 11 and save with an early-bird discount.
Contact: Frederic Gauthier
+41 61 225 51 65
ABOUT DIA: DIA is a neutral, global, professional and member-driven association of nearly 18,000 professionals involved in the discovery, development and life cycle management of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices and related health care products. Through our international educational offerings and myriad networking opportunities, DIA provides a global forum for knowledge exchange that fosters the innovation of products, technologies and services to improve health and well-being worldwide. Headquarters are in Horsham, Pa., USA, with offices in Basel, Switzerland; Tokyo, Japan; Mumbai, India; Beijing, China; Washington, D.C.; and Latin America. Visit our website at www.diahome.org and follow DIA at: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Flickr and Pinterest.
Contact: CustomerService@DIAHome.org | +1.215.442.6100 or toll-free at +1.888.257.6457