Making Value-Based Contracting Stick
DIA members: Sign in below to see content options. Not a member? Enjoy this preview, then see below to join DIA today!
Outcomes-based contracts offer different benefits for different stakeholders:
- For biopharmaceutical companies, VBP arrangements can expand market access and improve a drug’s formulary position.
- For payers, these agreements can lower costs and increase performance.
- For providers, these arrangement reduce risk.
- For patients, VBP agreements lead to less out-of-pocket expenses.
Increasing healthcare costs — the average US health system spends more than 55 percent of its total drug spend on only 3 percent of drug volume — have accelerated the need for outcomes research and are leading to increase utilization of value-based purchasing agreements.Patient and clinician relevant, standardized outcomes will be the key metric in moving toward value-based care.
- Full Video, Transcript and Audio-only Version Available